THE RENTS SHOWN HERE ARE FOR THE YEAR 2022 – 2023.
Allotments are rented on a yearly basis. Rent is due on 1 October each year. If you take on a plot after 1 April, you will receive a 50% discount.
You will be charged a late payment fee of £10 if your rent is not paid by 9 November.
A reduced rate is offered to pensioners.
|Plot category||Yearly rent||Yearly rent for over 65s|
|Mini (category A* or M)||£53.71||£28.43|
|Small (category A)||£66.35||£34.75|
|Standard (category B or C)||£97.95||£50.56|
|Large (category D or E)||£119.07||£61.09|
• Rent is payable on commencement of the tenancy and, thereafter, annually on 1 October.
• Tenants over 65 receive an approx 50% reduction in rent. Tenants already receiving the rate before 1 October 2014 who are under 65 will still receive the rate.
• A late payment penalty of £10 will apply if settlement of rent is not made to the Allotments Team by 9 November.
• Some sites offer tool lockers, chalets or greenhouses for hire at a nominal charge of £1.00 per annum. Responsibility for the repair and maintenance rests with the individual plot holders.
• You are likely to be charged a refundable deposit for your gate key, and membership of your Allotment Association also attracts a variable annual subscription.